FinnMin - Kaivosteollisuus ry
Eteläranta 10, P.O. Box 10
FI-00131 Helsinki, Finland
The Finnish Mining Association (FinnMin) was established in 1999 to improve the operational environment of the Finnish extractive resources industry.
For this purpose, the Association shall:
- promote the common and general working conditions of the extractive industry
- increase knowledge and awareness of environmental and industrial safety issues among
the member companies,
- organise and coordinate the members’ joint research projects and
- provide a forum for cooperation between the members.
FinnMin's members operate in a variety of fields:
- Exploration for ores and other minerals
- Use of earth resources through excavation or mining
- Processing of extracted substances by various methods
- Design and manufacture of machinery, equipment and accessories for
the extractive resources industry
- Services and products for the extractive resources industry
The Association represents its members on international cooperation bodies for the extractive resources industry, such as Euromines (European Association of Mining Industries, Metal Ores & Industrial Minerals). FinnMin liases with the EU through the Preparing Committee and the Executive Director.
Executive Officer of FinnMin:
Mr. Pekka Suomela
Tel. +358 40 533 2848
Further information on the Finnish extractive industries, please read the study on the Socio-Economic Impacts of the Finnish Extractive Industries - the entire study report and summary can be found here.