Finnish technical safety requirements for industrial products are based on harmonized EU directives and regulations. These requirements mainly follow the so called New Approach, which was revised and published as the NLF-package (New Legislative Framework) in August 2008.
Technical regulations currently in force:
1. Mechanical Engineering Sector
- Machinery Directive (to be applied at the end of 2009)
- Machinery Directive (to be applied at the beginning of 2010)
- Pressure Equipment directive
- Simple Pressure Vessels
2. Electrotechnical Sector
- Low Voltage Directive
- Construction Product Directive
- Electro Magnetic Fields
More information on the individual directives can be found on Orgalime's web site.