We promote competitiveness and the operational preconditions for this, the largest and most important export sector in Finland. A constantly developing technology industry creates the basis for the Finnish welfare state. Technology Industries of Finland has over 1,600 member companies.
The technology industry makes up 50% of Finnish exports and 80% of R&D investment in the private sector. The sector employs almost 280,000 people directly, and 700,000 people in total. This equates to about 30% of the entire Finnish labour force.
THE FEDERATION HAS AN IMPACT
- We safeguard our members’ interests in national and EU-level decision-making
- We have a presence in numerous international organisations
- We negotiate collective agreements on behalf of our members
- We provide information on the technology industry and promote its public image
THE FEDERATION SERVES AND ADVISES
- We advise and consult
- We refine and distribute information to support our members’ businesses
- We train and advise on employment issues
- We raise awareness of the technology sector
- We arrange networking opportunities
- We act on behalf of our member organisations
- We cooperate with different stakeholders