Personal data processing at Technology Industries of Finland
Teknologiateollisuus – Technology Industries of Finland
tel. +358 9 19231
What data do we process?
Technology Industries of Finland acts as a data controller in cooperation with its branch associations and processes personal data for the following purposes:
- performing membership services as well as rights and obligations related to them
- cooperating with stakeholders
- operating websites
- monitoring salary development.
Stakeholders relevant to Technology Industries of Finland include
- persons working for member companies
- decision-makers and representatives of authorities
- contact persons belonging to cooperation network communities.
Data related to stakeholders to be processed include their contact details and position at the organisation as well as their dietary restrictions, when applicable, in connection with events to be organised. We collect data directly from data subjects or from public sources, such as organisation websites and professional publications.
With regard to our website, we receive information on the IP address, browser and type of device (mobile device/computer) used. This information is used as statistics and not linked to any individual users.
With regard to wage and salary statistics, we process company information and category data, such as information on the gender or position of the person. However, no data from which an individual person can be identified is collected.
What is data used for?
We use personal data for
- managing membership matters and providing membership services for Technology Industries of Finland and its branch associations and groups
- newsletter distribution
- contacting stakeholders that are vital for our operations
- organising events and conducting surveys
- monitoring the website use and developing the website functions
- in the form of wage and salary statistics, for labour market negotiation purposes and for monitoring wage developments.
The processing of personal data is based on the legitimate interest. Technology Industries of Finland is the lobbying organisation for technology industry companies promoting competitiveness and the operational preconditions for its sector and member companies. Based on this purpose, Technology Industries of Finland processes its stakeholders’ personal data and takes care of the functionality of its website. Technology Industries of Finland has a legitimate interest to process your personal data in wage and salary statistics form for the cost-impact assessment purposes for labour market negotiations and for monitoring wage developments.
Who processes the data?
At Technology Industries of Finland, only specifically designated persons can process personal data. We can transfer data to our chosen cooperation partners in order for them to process the data, for instance, for the following purposes:
- maintaining information systems
- sending newsletters
- event marketing and organisation
- statistical analysis of website use and improving the user experience
Technology Industries of Finland verifies that parties processing data on its behalf are committed to compliance with data protection regulations and ensuring the information security of their systems. Data processors are only granted access to the information necessary for performing their assigned tasks.
Data is only processed within the EU. No data is used for automated decision-making, such as profiling.
How long is my data stored?
We process data for as long as the data subject performs duties that are connected with the activities of Technology Industries of Finland. For event organising purposes, we store the data for a period of five (5) years, at the most, after which the data will be deleted. For wage and salary statistics, we continuously process data in order to create and maintain statistics.
We will try our best to ensure that the data is always up to date and remove any erroneous data.
You have the right to influence the processing of your data:
- You have the right to access, rectify or erase your data. You have the right to know if personal data is being processed, as well as what type of data is processed and on what legal grounds. In addition, you have the right to have your data rectified and erased if it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data, for instance for marketing purposes, insofar as our legitimate interests form the grounds for processing your personal data.
- You can restrict the processing of your data.
- You have the right to data portability, i.e. you can transfer your data to another controller.
- You can lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman.
- You can opt out of receiving marketing messages or newsletters. All marketing messages and newsletters include the option to opt out of the subscription. You may also cancel your subscription by notifying Technology Industries of Finland.